One of the most important lessons I learnt over 20 years ago as a young businessperson was to focus on quality. My personal talent at the time was the ability to build large scale applications on the PC platform, something that was almost unheard of in the late 80s and early 90s. One of the key reasons for this was that the PC industry lacked the understanding of quality management that the minicomputer and mainframe markets at the time well understood.
I learnt that there were three key steps to producing a quality business that produces quality products and delivers quality service:
- Have quality control processes and procedures
- Design quality into your products and processes
- Develop a quality culture amongst your staff
These three points remain an integral part of my philosophy both in business and my personal life and of course they are at the heart of Bizeo. Not only are they used in developing Bizeo, they are the reason for Bizeo’s existence in the first place.
Bizeo provides a framework with which you can:
- Monitor and control all aspects of your business operations
- Place performance and failure monitoring at the centre of all business activities
- Provide a simple framework around which you can create a culture of focusing on quality amongst your staff.
It has amazed me as I watch how our little green dot can been used to change not just the operational aspects of a business but the culture within that business. Suddenly staff become focused on the metrics, and better manage faults and challenges. I personally have received a great amount of satisfaction of watching my quality philosophies extend beyond my own business into those of our Bizeo customers, and I hope you see it in your business as well.